Muscle growth, for normal you need to consume 20-30 grams of protein daily. Where to get the required amount of these elements you will learn from the article.
Every athlete knows that you need to eat proportionally, at least 5-6 times a day. In addition, it should be rich in protein, fat, and carbohydrates. The first factor is particularly important, as it is a protein that is responsible for building muscle growth.
The protein of muscle growth for bodybuilding
Trainers have done research more than once to establish a perfect protein intake. If the athlete does not get the amount of protein then the muscles grow poorly. The body does not need to take any additional energy sources and it gets tired quickly. Of course, excess protein does not mean that in a short time you will gain a powerful mountain of muscle mass. Everything should be in moderation, especially when it comes to the body’s diet.
After numerous studies, it was found that for steady muscle growth you do not need to eat more than 30 grams of protein (the minimum dose is 20 grams). In order for each snack to be complete, it is necessary to break down the food into a nutrient. This is the only way to understand which product contains 30 grams of healthy protein.
Muscle growth for bodybuilder food
The food market offers many options for decorating the dining room table. But a bodybuilder cannot take everything. Only a smart menu will give you the desired results. Let’s look at the most popular protein-rich foods. The amount in grams allows you to calculate the allowable dose.
First, let’s look at foods that may be in the athlete’s diet. After that, we give a detailed table of calorie content and composition.
- Chicken breast, peeled and boneless. The meat of this bird is actively used by all athletes and people who are concerned about diet. There are no carbohydrates in this product and there is very little fat. But there is enough protein in the breast. It is worth remembering that you need to eat it without sauces, breadcrumbs, and mayonnaise. Otherwise, you end up with a completely different food composition. In the daily diet, bodybuilding is always a part of chicken meat.
- Steak from the thigh of a cloven-hoofed animal. This product is one of the most beloved in the athlete’s diet. It is pleasant to enjoy the aroma and taste of freshly fried steak. This dish is completely free of carbohydrates but high in protein. It is important that the delicious thigh is fried without adding ketchup or sauces. Otherwise, the calorie and fat content will increase significantly.
- Pork chops should also be present in every athlete’s diet. Many will say that this product is greasy and unacceptable on the athlete’s menu. In fact, pork is low in fat. There are no carbohydrates at all but the product is enriched with proteins. It is important to prepare such meat properly. To do this, soak a fresh piece of pork for 1-4 hours in slightly salted water. This will make the product softer and more comfortable. After that, fry each side of the pan for three minutes. Next, the dish is placed in an oven preheated to 200 degrees, where the delicious bitters are soaked for another eight minutes.
- Salmon attracts many with its taste. It is impossible not to enjoy the aroma of properly cooked fish fillets. Star chefs always include this product in their signature dishes. Of course, an athlete does not have to be a fabulous chef. It is enough to know how to fry or cook salmon. Eight species of Pacific salmon and one Atlantic salmon are known in the wild. In the latter, the meat is especially soft. Canned fish should also be mentioned. This salmon is also high in protein, which is important for bodybuilding. Therefore, if you love to fish, feel free to enrich your menu with this product.
- Canned tuna must be present in every athlete’s diet. On the shelves of the store, you can find several types of fish – striped, yellow, and blue. The last fish species are endangered. Therefore, if you are not indifferent to the fate of the poor fish, then pass the gallery with Bluefin tuna. It is best to choose striped tuna for your diet. There are plenty of proteins in this product and the amount of fat is minimal. This is a great product for anyone who is pumping their body. The only downside to the product is that it quickly becomes boring.
- Octopus will appeal to all lovers of seafood. It is sold frozen in our stores. You can safely buy one pack and dilute your daily diet with six small octopuses. They are best cooked on the grill. If you do not like this type of cooking, simply cook the seafood for three minutes. The taste of this product is peculiar, and so is the smell.
- Chicken eggs allow you to prepare several options for meals. It can be an omelet, a scrambled egg, or just a boiled product. Eggs are a great source of protein but do not forget about their fat content. Therefore, you cannot eat them in large quantities. When possible, it is better to buy the product from farmers who get eggs naturally. Far from the humane methods of “convincing” chickens to work on poultry farms – electricity is used. Of course, it is up to each individual to decide which eggs to boil for breakfast. In all cases, the nutritional properties are the same in all these foods.
- Almond – this is a nut that is rich not only in healthy protein but also in fat. Better not have it on your daily menu. It is best to consume almonds once a week. In supermarkets, you can find peeled almonds, packed in bags of different weights.
- The peanut butter will be a favorite treat for bodybuilders with a sweet tooth. This food is rich in protein and unsaturated fats. Of course, you should not abuse it, but you can afford to eat 2-5 teaspoons of toast. The amount of carbohydrates in the product is also quite high.
- Cottage cheese is a dairy product obtained by processing sour milk. Cottage cheese is valued for its casein content, which is essential for anyone who loves power. The dairy product is usually eaten at bedtime to help the muscle fibers recover after strenuous exercise. During the day it is also allowed to eat cottage cheese, especially if you like this product. But you should beware of creams with various additives that will not benefit anyone. Choose grainy cheese with natural color. Pay attention to the expiration date – natural cheese should not be stored for more than a week.
- Greek yogurt recently found my buyer among people who look at their bodies. Accordingly, such a product resembles Georgian yogurt. Unlike regular yogurt, in the Greek product, a spoon is literally “worth it”. A large amount of milk is used for its production. In the final stage, whey, sugar, and lactose are completely expelled. As a result, Greek yogurt has become a diet and has won the love of bodybuilders.
- Skimmed milk is also a very popular beverage. This is perhaps the cheapest and most accessible source of protein. All protein shakes and powders are made from this product. Therefore, if you love cow’s milk, then drink healthily.
- Tofu – a product that still causes considerable controversy. Someone is convinced that soy causes the production of female hormones. And although scientists have proven the opposite many times, athletes still look with concern at these protein sources.
- Peas, lentils, peas, and nuts – a source of not only protein but also fiber. Vegetarian exercisers have long proven that these protein sources can be used to stimulate muscle safely. Of course, there is another side to this available product – gas generation.
- Quinoa is a product you may have heard of for the first time. This is a grain farm located on a shelf in a supermarket next to buckwheat and beans. Take a closer look and you will probably see it. Grain grows in areas on mountain slopes. Until 2006, no one paid attention to this product; it was consumed by low-income people in Bolivia and Peru. But that soon changed, and quinoa became a leading cereal for all vegetarians and healthy eating habits.
All of these products can be safely included in any athlete’s diet. With this protein content, muscle growth will begin to grow with moderate strength. It is important to take into account that in the article the products were calculated without the addition of spices and sauces. If you are in favor of a healthy lifestyle, then it is better to refuse such supplements altogether.
Of course, there is always another option – protein supplements. Sports shops offer powdered mixtures that are packed with the right amount of protein. You choose which nutritional method suits your body. Exercise wisely and only then will the benefits of increased training be noticeable.