1200 calories what is? Find out if you can use a diet with less than 1200 calories and how to create a menu for the whole day in such a diet. Most diet plans are very tiring for the body, as they involve fasting. The main problem that people face after completing their diet is regaining weight. Today we will talk about the benefits and harms of the 1200 calories diet. According to reviews, this nutritional plan is rather effective and safe.
Dietary properties about 1200 calories a day
If the indication of the energy value of the diet decreases significantly, then the body will come under severe stress. As a result, the individual begins to experience severe hunger. Numerous studies have shown that it is enough for girls who lead an active lifestyle to consume 1200 calories during the day. This nutrition program is based on consuming a certain number of calories daily.
Since the diet we are considering is balanced and allows the body to provide all the necessary nutrients, it does not harm the body. Many women have already used it and have gotten amazing results. The nutrition plan envisages using only those foods that have a minimum energy value.
As a result, it is possible to avoid a significant slowdown in metabolic processes, which is characteristic of many rigid diets. If you want to know about the benefits and harms of the body’s 1200 calories diet, then you need to remember the importance of maintaining a certain balance between essential nutrients. Only in this situation can we expect positive results.
The ratio of nutrients in the diet is as follows:
- Carbohydrates – 55 percent.
- Protein compounds – 15 percent.
- Fat – no more than 30 percent, of which 27 must be from the plant kingdom.
Also note that a 1200 calories diet can not only be used for weight loss, but for serious ailments.
The diet controls 1200 calories a day
For best results, you should follow a few simple rules:
- The diet should include eggs, dairy products, fresh vegetables and fruits, pasta, breadcrumbs, lean meats, and fish.
- Foods that are high in carbohydrates need to be restricted.
- Whole grains must be present in the weekly diet. This is due to the presence in their composition of a large number of nutrients, antioxidants, and plant fibers, which have a positive effect on muscle tension.
- It is necessary to give up fast food, sweets, alcohol, convenience foods, fatty foods, and mayonnaise.
- The indicator of the energy value of the diet may differ from that recommended not more than 200 calories, but only in the direction of increase. If the calorie content of the diet is 1000 calories, then the body cannot get enough energy.
- While using this nutrition program you cannot take an active part in sports. It is enough to take short runs or do morning exercises.
- Saturated fats should be included in the diet to reduce stress on the heart muscle.
- You need to eat fresh vegetables and fruits every day.
- Cut out sugar and eat plenty of protein compounds.
How to make the right 1200 calories diet menu?
As mentioned above, according to the rules of this diet, the indicator of the energy value of the diet should be at least 1200 calories. It is allowed to increase by a maximum of 200 calories. This indicates that you need to weigh the food you eat and use their calorie tablets.
We will now only label those products where the energy value is minimal:
- Vegetables – the average caloric content of 100 grams of these products is not more than 30 calories.
- Fruits and berries – the indicator that the energy value of every hundred products does not exceed 40 calories.
- Boiled egg whites – 44 calories for every 10 grams of the food.
Example of a menu for 1200 calorie diet for one day
We will now offer you two options for a daily menu. However, due to slight restrictions on food, it will not be difficult for you to create a diet yourself. We recommend eating at least five times a day.
The first option of the day
- Meal – a salad of fresh vegetables, seasoned with olive oil or lemon juice. It is allowed to eat no more than 50 grams of boiled sausage and a slice of bran bread. The energy value is about 300 calories.
- Meal 2 – a cup of coffee, if you want you can add honey. The energy value is about 120 calories.
- Meal – about 90 grams of boiled chicken, potatoes, and green tea without sugar. The energy value is about 450 calories.
- Meal 4 –25 grams of natural yogurt, but the fat content does not exceed 1.5 percent. The energy value is about 120 calories.
- Meal 5 – about 190 grams of fish, fresh vegetable salad, seasoned with lemon juice or olive oil. The energy value is about 250 calories.
The second option of the day
- 1st meal – oatmeal, for the preparation of which used three tablespoons of cereal. The energy value is about 250 calories.
- Meal 2 – one apple or pear. The energy value is about 45 calories.
- Meal – chicken broth, two veal buns, and vegetable salad made from fresh vegetables. The energy value is about 340 calories.
- Meal 4 – a salad of fresh vegetables. The energy value is about 35 calories.
- Meal 5 – buckwheat porridge, boiled fish and cabbage salad. The energy value is about 540 calories.
Suggested diet of 1200 calories per week
When we put together a diet for a week, we followed the recommendation to eat at least five times a day.
- 1st meal – a cup of coffee, buckwheat porridge, and boiled eggs.
- Meal 2 – one apple.
- Meal – Pollock baked in vegetables and a glass of orange juice.
- Meal 4 – chicken fillets baked with herbs, fresh cabbage salad.
- Meal 5 – natural yogurt, but the fat content is not more than 1.5 percent.
- Meal – a cup of coffee and a slice of whole meal bread and a low-fat cheese sandwich.
- Meal 2 – one banana and fruit juice.
- Meal 3 – vinaigrette and chicken broth.
- Meal 4 – Bulgarian pepper stuffed with vegetables and tea.
- Meal 5 –25 low-fat milk.
- 1st meal – scrambled eggs and fruit smoothies.
- 2nd meal – one pear.
- Meal – chum salmon cooked with steamed rice.
- Meal 4 – Grilled vegetables with chicken and tea.
- Meal 5 – a glass of kefir, but the fat content is not more than 1.5 percent.
- 1st meal – prunes and oatmeal, coffee cup.
- Meal 2 – fresh fruit or vegetables.
- Meal – a slice of boiled beef and broccoli soup.
- Meal 4 – baked salmon with boiled rice.
- Meal 5 – cottage cheese, but the fat content is not more than 1.5 percent.
- 1st meal – cottage cheese form and a glass of milk.
- 2nd meal – baked apples.
- Meal 3 – mushroom and chicken soup, tea.
- Meal 4 – buckwheat porridge with beef, fresh vegetable salad.
- Meal 5 –
- 1st meal – tea and porridge made from wheat groats.
- 2nd meal –
- Meal 3 – orange juice and borscht.
- Meal 4 – pasta seasoned with tomato paste.
- Meal 5 – a glass of fermented baked milk.
- 1st meal – coffee cup, milk porridge.
- 2nd meal –
- Meal 3 – fresh vegetable salad and chicken noodles.
- Meal 4 – cheesecakes with raisins and a cup of coffee.
- Meal 5 – natural yogurt, but the fat content is not more than 1.5 percent.
Then when this nutrition program is used, the body gets all the nutrients it needs. The lack of strict restrictions allows you to create a balanced menu. The diet is usually used for two weeks, but you can follow it for a longer period of time.
The benefits and harms of the 1200 calories diet
It’s time to talk about the benefits and harms of the 1200 calories diet.
Let’s start with the benefits:
- The most balanced and safest diet plan to date, allows you to lose weight fast in excess of weight without harming your body.
- The weight is removed steadily. After completing your diet, you are assured that you will not gain weight again.
- The 1200 calories diet includes only a diet that has a positive effect on the functioning of the digestive system.
- Thanks to a balanced and perfect diet, the diet can be used at any time.
Many doctors have confirmed that the diet under consideration today is the safest and most effective. In addition, with its help, you can change your eating habits for the better.
A conversation about the benefits and harms of the 1200 calories diet would be incomplete without pointing out the shortcomings of the nutrition plan:
- As the energy value of the diet is low, with a lot of exercises, somnolence may occur.
- Every day, when you prepare a menu, you have to calculate the energy value indicator.
- The diet plan is not suitable for people who do sports.
Contraindications should also be mentioned, although their list is very short – gestation and breastfeeding, exercise, adolescents. Finally, we would like to mention a few examples of low-calorie meals. This will give you a chance to be sure. That such food can not only be healthy, but also tasty.
- Omelets with asparagus. The rinsed asparagus must be peeled and boiled for 5 minutes in salted water. Then put the asparagus in a double boiler and add the beaten eggs.
- Dessert with cottage cheese and apples. In apples, you must first remove the core and place it in the microwave for a few minutes. After that, you need to fill the center of the apple with low-fat cottage cheese. You can also add honey and cinnamon.
- Kefir cocktail. Mix a glass of kefir with grated ginger and orange juice. Then beat the mixture in a blender. You can add mint leaves and citrus peel to the finished cocktail.